Tomato stew with kidney beans, and sweet potato mash
- 1/4 sliced courgette
- 3 large sliced mushrooms
- 3 plum tomatoes smashed up
- 5 green beans chopped in half
- 2 baby sweetcorn chopped up
- 1/4 tin of kidney beans
- 1 pinch of dried chillis, wash your hands after pinching and keep away from your eyes or use a grinder.
- 1 tablespoon of peas
- 1 tablespoon of sweetcorn
- 1 cm of chopped ginger
- 2 sweet potatoes with their skins, scrubbed and then chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
black pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a pan on a medium heat, and add all of the chopped vegetables except the sweet potato and tomatoes.
Once these have been cooked for 5 minutes add the pinch of dried chillis, and go and wash your hands. Add the chopped ginger and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes smashed up, stir into the vegetables mix, add in the kidney beans.
Continue to cook on a medium heat and then start cooking the potatoes.
Put the steamer on and add the chopped sweet potato to it. Steam for 15-20 minutes or until soft enough to mash up.
Mash up the sweet potato with the skins, and serve 1 fist sized portion for each person. Add the stew, a little bit of pickled red cabbage sauerkraut is a great addition and pickled beetroot to add to the amazing colours.